Restorative Dentistry is a clinical department dealing with subjects including; preventive dentistry, caries science (cariology), caries treatment, aesthetic dentistry, gerodontology (dentistry in elders), novel dental materials and technology, and also educating PhD and specializing students.
In our department, pre-clinical and clinical training programs, both theoretical and practical, are provided for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.
Scientific studies conducted in our department are published in national and international journals and they are presented at various symposiums and congresses every year. In addition, various scientific events (e.g. symposiums) are also organized by our department. Within the scope of continuous education and innovative approach, seminars are arranged weekly, and dental product promotions and course programs are also held. Since we attach great importance to international cooperation, we always support iniatives in this field.
Health services offered by our department are as follow:
- Amalgam, composite and glass-ionomer fillings (anterior and posterior teeth)
- Direct/Indirect composite and ceramic aesthetic restorations (inlay, onlay and laminate veneer restorations)
- Smile design
- Aesthetic approach in trauma and tooth fracture cases
- Vital and non-vital bleaching (home bleaching, office bleaching, laser-activated bleaching)
- Dentin hypersensitivity treatments
- Vital pulp therapy
- Pre-prosthetic restorations
- Conservative dental treatments in geriatric (elderly) and oncology patient groups
- Individual protective (caries preventive) applications in adults
Prof. Dr. Tijen PAMIR
Head of Department of Restorative Dentistry